C&I Electronics Maintains Careful and Strict Methods by which We Operate.
As required by the State of Indiana, equipment is checked in and weighed at our facility according to customer. Each lot of equipment submitted is separately tracked through our computer system, giving us the ability to generate a summary of the items received for our customer’s records. By request, we can also submit a more detailed spreadsheet with corresponding equipment asset and serial numbers. We first consider refurbishment and reuse opportunities for whole units, then parts. Data containing devices such as hard drives, data tapes, and CD-ROM disks are sanitized or destroyed according to our customers’ requirements. Items that have little or no value are either dismantled and separated into categories such as plastic, metal, and electronic boards, or sent as whole units to our recycling partners who possess the machinery and environmental controls needed to properly recycle these complex materials.
Outgoing weight is recorded regardless of whether it is a PC sold to a local customer or a truckload of material being sent to one of our recycling partners. Transparency is our goal so that our customers, as well as inspectors and auditors, can easily assess the success of our recycling operations. Our goal is to not only achieve the highest rate of recycling, but to also work with those recycling partners who are dedicated to recovering the maximum amount of materials using methods that protect worker safety and the environment.
All outgoing shipments of e-waste are recorded on our shipment manifests. Bills of Lading are maintained for each shipment. C&I Electronics retains all records of incoming and outgoing shipments for a minimum of 3 years.
Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
C&I Electronics is committed to providing solutions for the responsible, effective removal and management of used and end-of-life electronic material and assets through recycling, reuse, and data sanitization in a manner protecting the environment, worker health and safety, our clients and our community.
- C&I Electronics is committed to continual improvement and meeting our customer requirements.
- C&I Electronics is committed to protecting the environment, including prevention of pollution and protection of biodiversity and ecosystems through responsible recycling.
- C&I Electronics is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of injury and ill health and controlling occupational health and safety risks using the hierarchy of controls to eliminate hazards and reduce EHS risks.
- C&I Electronics is committed to worker participation, and where they exist, the participation of workers’ representatives, in the decision-making processes in the QEHS management system.
- C&I Electronics is committed to complying with applicable legal and other requirements relative to the environmental and health and safety aspects of our business and fulfilling its compliance obligations.
- C&I Electronics is committed to providing a framework for setting and reviewing quality, environmental, health and safety objectives.
- C&I Electronics is committed to managing used and end of life electronic equipment based on a reuse, refurbishment, recovery, disposal hierarchy including onsite and downstream materials management throughout the recycling chain.
- C&I Electronics is committed to managing Focus Materials throughout the recycling chain to final disposition with due diligence to protect workers, the public, and the environment.
- C&I Electronics is committed to continuous improvement achieved through monitoring of objectives and rigorous evaluation of our management system.
- C&I Electronics is committed to communicating and reinforcing this policy throughout our company, to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization as well as, to our customers, our suppliers, and other interested parties.
5.2.1-P Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policy – 1.0
Effective Date: 02-01-2022
C&I Electronics is an R2v3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and ISO 45001:2018 Certified, IDEM Registered and Inspected E-Waste Facility.
Let's Get in Touch
Let's talk about your equipment recycling or data destruction needs.